- Departmental Heads
- Information Technology Managers
- Procurement Teams
- Accounting and Finance Teams
- Everyday Users
Common ways in which CHECK assists the user are outlined as follows:
Whether it is an internal requisition to a store or an external purchase requisition, Check offers simple and efficient methods for creating and approving requests.
Each user has the option to raise requests manually, by pre-defined ‘shopping lists’, by a handheld-barcode scanner or on the POS terminal (touch-screen).
The system itself can also suggest products/quantities to be re-stocked/ordered.
Check offers numerous alerts and reminders to assist the user and maintain efficiency. Various methods exist, including the ‘Watchdog’ feature on the system’s dashboard which colour-codes and prioritizes alerts/reminders.
This is updated by the system on a daily basis.
Additional features include on-screen pop-up reminders, email alerts and automated reminders if a task has not been actioned within a scheduled period of time.
Instant access to information
Check can address a wide range of user needs, providing easily accessed information to satisfy common queries including:
- Who requested those products?
- Do we have that item in stock? In what locations do we have that item in stock?
- Has my purchase requisition been approved?
- Have the items been ordered, delivered and where?
- What is the total expenditure this month for my department, period to date? How much budget remains?
- Who can supply that item? How much did we pay for that item over the last 12 months?
Commonly requested report examples include:
- What items have not been sold or consumed in X period of time?
- How much budget remains? • What is our expenditure over X period of time for XYZ supplies?
- Is it time to re-order those items and how much should be ordered?
- What items have not been delivered or are on backorder?
Stock-taking by way of a hand-held barcode scanner offers numerous cost saving opportunities.
To illustrate, a client of MBT’s was outsourcing manual stock-taking each month and decided to implement the Check single, hand-held barcode scanner solution in their bar/liquor store outlet. The cost of performing the stock-take more than halved and the client experienced an ROI within 6 months.
Note: Stoke-take information is immediately uploaded from the handheld barcode scanner to the Check system.