- Electronic processing from stock request to outlet
- Electronic processing from purchase request to delivery
- Automated email/fax purchase orders
- Electronic exchange of documents with suppliers, i.e. purchase orders, quotes, invoices
- Various alerts and scheduled reminders
Control over expenditure
Check ensures that purchases are as per negotiated price, within budget and ordered/approved by the right people in the organization. Re-ordering is based on accurate usage, actual sales and in consideration of seasonal fluctuations.
Control over inventory
Check identifies slow moving stock and recognises opportunities to reduce or increase availability of storage space. Expiration dates are also tracked within the system, reducing the likelihood of wastage.
Depletion is based on POS sales, resulting in minimal stock count variations. Additionally, ‘out of stock’ situations are avoided, preventing last minute expensive purchasing.
Control over margins
The system periodically evaluates cost and margins at outlet and menu item levels. This function informs pricing decisions to ensure that required margins are realized.
Check also allows for easy substitutions to lower the cost of ingredients.